Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A really good herbal wound formula

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bea

A really good herbal wound formula Empty
PostSubject: A really good herbal wound formula   A really good herbal wound formula EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 am

Thought I'd post a herbal formula up for those studying herbal medicine for equines.I've used this mixture for years.It works a treat.Never any infection and have never needed to use antibiotics with this - I've used the mix on some really nasty deep wounds over time.
Anyway I thought I'd share the formula with others.
4 parts Plantain
2 parts St John's wort
2 parts Rosemary
2 parts Yarrow
1 part Echinacea root(ground)
1 part Myrrh gum (ground)
1/4 part Black Peppercorns (ground).
Why the peppercorns?
I feel that they stimulate blood circulation to the wound site and are part of the synergy of this mix.
You can use this mixture as a poultice or grind it up as a herbal powder to dust minor wounds with.
Mixed with honey it works even faster to stimulate healing.
If you're using it as a herbal poultice place into the wound and bandage.Reapply the mixture daily and do not remove any herb mix which sticks to the site.
Recently I used this formula (mixed with honey) on a dairy goat -post caesarean who 5 days after surgery had a reopened deep stitch site, which appeared infected.
Bogged the wound up and bandaged over - reapplied for 5 days.The size of the open wound site decreased daily.
Our vet was VERY impressed with the results as was I and Bertha the doe!
Cheers,
Bea
Back to top Go down

A really good herbal wound formula
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Animal Courses :: Herbal Medicine for Horses-
Jump to: